Aurorae - Feedback on production
  • 340 Posts
    Hey y'all, I've been working on a new comic for the past several months and have started work on a new comic, Aurorae. I haven't officially launched it yet but have posted two pages to gain some reader feedback (and to sort out the site code and make sure everything is running correctly when I DO launch).

Mostly, I'm interested in feedback on the coloring at this point. I'm going for a painter-ly feel to the book and want some opinions on whether people think it's working or not. This is my fourth or fifth pass on each page so what you're seeing here is close to the final look of the comic (if I use this coloring method).

And by all means, if you have feedback on anything else about the comic, please share. Thanks!

1600 x 1240 - 422K
    Your coloring is very beautiful.  Clean, with a real life to it.  I love that watercolor look.  The last panel looks just a little washed out, but that's a minor complaint, the only one I can really think to point out.
  • 340 Posts
    Thanks! The last panel is supposed to be a "slightly backlit with sun pouring into the lens, obscuring the focal point" look. Obviously, that didn't work. I'll fuss around with it a bit more and see if I can improve the effect.